Thursday, November 3, 2011

Do You Tell People?

This past Sunday, the pastor brought some interesting statistics to our attention. Here are just a couple:

85% of Americans claim to be Christians
                   AND
Only 1/2 of born again Christians say that they try to share the gospel with one unsaved person, one time, in one year!

How disappointing!!!
When I heard this, I won't lie, I was shocked! I probably shouldn't have been, considering the moral decay of our society.

I am relieved to know that I am nowhere in that statistic. I am not a part of either half: the half that tries to share their faith one time a year or the half that doesn't even try! I know it is my responsibility to touch lives with the gospel of Jesus Christ. And this is why I stay in the word and in prayer and in fellowship with God, so that I will be more in tune to the prompts of the Holy Spirit, letting me know when and what to share and who with.

If you say you are a Christian and you want to be eternally with God in heaven AND you believe that hell is a real place, why wouldn't you share your faith??? The gospel will be preached to the whole world. So why not be obedient to God by helping further the cause? Anything less would be uncivilized...

No comments:

Post a Comment