Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Baby is Seven Today!

Today is my daughter's birthday! She is seven years old today. My how quickly that time passed me by...

Whenever her birthday comes around, I can't help but remember what it was like finding out that I was pregnant with my first child. I was very happy, but I was also very nervous because I knew I had to tell my husband who was not my husband at the time and I didn't know how he was going to react. On top of that, I would have to tell my parents and I just knew my father would not approve because he had told me so many times not to have sex before I got married - and here I was, pregnant!

I won't lie to you all, if I could go back and do it over agian, I would have waited. I would not have had sex before getting married because it's a complication that you just don't need. And when you're taking part in something as wonderful as bringing a child into the world, you don't need the stigma that comes with being an unwed mother!

Nevertheless, here we are seven years later. My baby is not a baby anymore. She is growing up on me and there's nothing I can do to about it! I thank God for her, that she is so sweet and kind. She is beautiful, intelligent, and very loving. She makes me proud to be a mother and especially proud to be her mother. Though she is bigger now, she will always be my first baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment