Friday, December 9, 2011

Why I Don't Censor Myself


Yes, I am a Christian. But I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that I am not one of those Christians that 'lives in a box.' There have been many times that I have said or talked about things that some may feel are not "befitting" of a Christian. I may not be the ideal Christian. I may not be your ideal Christian! But I am still a Christian saved by grace just like every other Christian. I don't only have Christian friends. I don't only have conservative conversations. I don't make myself unrelatable. I have been there, done that. Some are more comfortable living in the way that I just described - it works well for them, usually because of their own struggles and temptations - we've all been there too. This is why I practice self-restraint with my Christian friends - because I don't want to cause them to stumble. Yet, it is through spiritual growth and maturity that I am able to become all things to all people so that I may gain some (1 Cor. 9). I don't mind showing my weaknesses, because in my weakness, God's strength is made perfect (2 Cor. 12:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment